Sunday, November 9, 2008

Um, I Know I am a Day Late!

Not sure what happened yesterday that I didn't get around to posting this past weeks tidbits ... there really aren't too many to post.

-Torrey's days on the swim team were short lived. It really was too much for her/us with the play. And, there are practices every day of Christmas break ... my parents will be here and then Mike and Jess ... we would like to see our family at some point!

-4 nights of play practice this week. Until 6pm. With Houston traffic, that means we don't get home until 7pm. Good grief.

-I am committing myself to walking every night to help relieve some of the stress of a certain friend in my class. Otherwise I will be "committing myself", if you know what I mean.

-I have started gathering recipes for Thanksgiving. Every year at this time I think wouldn't it be smart of me to type out the recipes and keep them in one binder so I am not searching through every cookbook I own for the recipes I need. We will see if it happens this year!

-The check is in the mail ... for the repairs to the house. The roof damage turned out to be non-existent and the rest of it will be a pretty easy fix. Someone is coming out to the house this week. Sorry Kelly, we won!

-Our church is hosting the Texas Southern Baptist convention. On Tuesday night, they will be commissioning their largest group of missionaries ... over 300. I did not realize that if you go out with IMB, you do not have to raise support ... Southern Baptist churches give to take that burden off of those who have been called to go. Dean leaned over to me and whispered "They are babies" when the group of them stood up. Perhaps. Or, maybe we are old. I will go with them being babies!

-And, another neat thing occured at church today. Travis Cottrell was there and he lead worship with our new choir director who is finishing up seminary or college in California ... he doesn't commute every week, but he was there today. The choir and Travis did an amazing special music. Goosebumps. So, today our worship leader was from Tennessee, our choir director from California and the choir from Texas ... how did they do what they did? Only God. Only God. Who, by the way, had to have been worshipping with us today. Seriously ... He was there!

-Dean and I watched "Get Smart" ... thought it would be funnier. Not so. Stick with "The Office" Steve Carrell. Stick with "The Office".

OK, I guess that is it. We did get to talk to my parents on the phone yesterday which was an unexpected surprise. They are loving their time in Israel. We do miss them terribly, however! I need to make a video of Torrey to post on the blog ... I am so stealing the idea from Jen!

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

how can you NOT think Get smart was funny?!??!?! HYSTERICAL! did you ever watch the series??!?!?! oh boy. it's funny.