Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturdy Tid-Bits #1

This will be a new weekly post ... full of "life" moments from our week designed to keep our parents in the loop of "us". FYI ... my parents leave in the morning to begin a 5 month stint (with a break at Christmas) at The Garden Tomb in Jerusalem. As in Israel.

-Gas in our neighborhood was spotted at $2.25 last night ... we have heard reports of it getting as low as $1.99. We hold our breath and wait!

-Both Dean and I early voted this week. People who waited until yesterday to early vote waited in lines for up to 2 hours to cast their ballot. Might sound ridiculous to have to wait so long, but then you remember how many people throughout history have had to die to give us the right to vote and it doesn't seem like such a big inconvenience after all. Now we wait for the results. We hold our breath and wait!

-Linda and Paul are home from a 10 day trip to Germany. We haven't seen or talked to them ... I did call once, but I think they were in bed (jet lag) and they are both sick.

-Torrey was home sick 2 days this week. She bounced back in time to go to the retreat. We are heading into 3 weeks of play rehearsals that just may send me over the edge ... we just got an email saying Thursdays rehearsal will be until 7pm ... which means I have to stay at school until 7pm. I am really missing home these days!

-I am beginning to read cookbooks/magazines looking for good ideas for Thanksgiving/Christmas ... anyone else with me? I am sorry to say I tried a different roll recipe at Easter which was a big mistake. The tried and true recipe will be reappearing at the Thanksgiving table.

-My little friend at school is still a challenge. Precious one minute a stinker the next ... praying Monday will be a smidgen better.

OK ... that's it for this week. I will keep better notes for next week of any hillarity that comes our way!

No comments: