Saturday, November 15, 2008

Oh What A Saturday!

Saturdays are traditionally my ONE day to sleep in during the school year. And I usually do sleep in. Not today. For some reason I was awake before 6 ... as in AM! Maybe because I am getting a cold and beginning to feel miserable. Maybe because I knew we had a ton to do. Maybe because I have to get invitations done for a cookie exchange. Who knows. Anyways, I was up early and hit the ground running. Highlights of our day were ...

-Going to Target. Got the rest of the things needed for Torrey's "bin" for the play. She puts all of her items in the rubbermaid bin and then it won't get lost. Needless to say her bin is pink. We also found a small Christmas tree to put up on the guest bathroom ... we are so looking forward to having my parents here this year!

-Went to Hobby Lobby and got a pack of paper for 66% off along with a Gooseberry Patch cookbook for 66% off ... SCORE!

-Took Torrey to Ulta to get makeup for the play. Overwhelming for a girl who doesn't really wear makeup. Torrey has been begging for makeup FOREVER. So, when she sat in the girl's chair for a makeover (and a tutorial for me!) she was thrilled. We were supposed to get fake eyelashes, but, little girl has enough eye lashes for the state of NY, so we are going to pretend we have them and not say anything. She did look cute ... here's hoping I can recreate the look for Thursday night!

-Went to the grocery store (with Torrey in full makeup ... she was mortified and asked more than once if I could bring her home!)

Somewhere in the course of all of this, we made the decision to get another puppy. You read that correctly! Little Zoey will be coming home to our crazy zoo on November 30th. She is a black and tan Cavalier that we were offered at half price because of Zack's hip problem. Call us crazy. Or stupid. But, she so cute. And, we are suffering from amnesia because we can't remember what it was like when Zack was an itty bitty puppy. Now ... how to tell the cats.

Tonight Torrey has a pink party and Dean and I are going out to dinner and to work on some Christmas shopping. I am pleased to say that the box to Florida will be leaving on Monday ... I am so proud of myself!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I will try ... I still have to finish up report cards and lesson plans.

6 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

You have GOT to be kidding me...

Tracy said...

This from the girl with 3 cats!

Al & Judy Melton said...

HEY!!! I love Zoe already. Is she MY Christmas present??? can I bring her back to Jerusalem with me? or will you baby sit while we are here? love ya, dad

Laurie said...

Hey, how about the box to New Hampshire?

Tracy said...

Also on its way ... just a week or two behind. I'm trying ... I'm trying!

grannimcd said...

You don't need to send a box to Pinehurst --- You can just drive up with it.