Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Re-Cap

The rolls are a VERY important part of our Thanksgiving meal ... I have made them (from scratch) since I was a teenager. I'm not really sure how it started or why ... my family only cares that it did! I wish I could figure out a way to ship them to Florida and New Hampshire overnight ... maybe next year!Torrey got in the act this year. She actually usually helps. Suffice it to say, there is a lot of butter involved. A LOT.
And, at this point in the morning, everything else was finished. We were waiting for Linda and Paul to come so we could start the feast. The Macy's parade was on (and, yes at some point I did remind everyone that Jennifer was once in the parade ... to which Dean mumbled "Again with the story" or something like that. What? Do I tell it every year?!)
And, because I have so much free time and because these were so necessary, I made little turkey nametags. They were actually in a kit from the scrapbook aisle at Target. Which, just goes to show you never know what you'll find at Target. Man! I love that store!
Don't come between a girl and her dog. Zack has turned into a GREAT dog ... so great that we are getting a new one tomorrow. What were we thinking?!
Nothing greater ... family together! We hope your Thanksgiving found you surrounded by family.
Gram came out to watch the parade and Dean was able to snap this family moment. He just asked what I was doing and when I told him I was updating the blog with pictures he wanted to know if he was in any of them. Um, no. You took all of them. Next year.
Getting ready to eat ... this one makes me giggle because Gussi was in the picture too! We had to eat buffet style because there wasn't enough room on the table for all the food!
And, would your Thanksgiving really have been complete without the "we're eating the rolls and you are not" mocking picture?! I think not!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey, it doesn't look like you have enough food!

Steve said...

MAYBE NEXT YEAR?!?!?! Why wait, Christmas is coming and since you are taking Mom and Dad and leaving me here all by myself with no family around, I think it would be a great time to figure out how to get me my rolls! And tell Torrey that she should be careful about who she is tormenting, some of us have a lot more experience getting even!

jaywalker said...

i can attest to just how good those butter rolls are...