Sunday, November 23, 2008

This Post Could Make You Cry ... Seriously!

You were warned ... and, still you read on. She looks like a bonafide teenager ... and she's only 12 (can you hear her screaming "AND A HALF!!!"?) This was after I had mastered the makeup and hair (which, had been giving me fits ... they wanted the hair to be in ringlet curls. Fine if your hair is shorter ... hers goes 1/2 way down her back and sincerely has a mind of its own. It so made me appreciate Grammy Stella's hair ability all the more!)
A rare family picture ... one of us is always behind the camera. What can I say. This was right before the play started. She was a bundle of energy ... and nerves!
Gram was able to come too. Dean stood in line to get tickets and was able to get seats on the second row ... for him, Gram, Linda and Paul. We could only get 4 reserved tickets that day ... so, I sat in the back with my teacher friends.
Linda and Paul were able to come too. We are so thankful that they live closer and can share these moments with us. We met them for dinner and then went to the show.
This was at the end of the night. Dean's age is showing on him. Torrey, not so much! I think she could have done another performance and been just fine!

We leave in 2 hours to do it all again ... I'm sure she will be sad, sad, sad come Monday morning that the fun is over! For the record, she was the cutest Birdie Girl ever seen!

We love you Torrey, oh yes we doooooooo. We love you Torrey, it is truuuuuuuuueeeee!

4 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

Who gave you permission to do this to my grand daughter? Sorry we missed the performance, I am sure it was grand! Love ya, Papoo

Al & Judy Melton said...

Wow Torrey, You are truly beautiful and so grown up. We love you. grammy & Papoo

Laurie said...

Congratulations Torrey! I bet it was one of the funnest things you've ever done.

Jennifer McGregor said...

Sure hope you used your BeautiControl products to revert BACK to a 12 1/2 year old. You look adorable,Torrey... Carly is sooooo jealous!!!