Friday, November 28, 2008

Perhaps I Made Too Much Food ...

Yes, I made a list of what we were going to eat for Thanksgiving. I have labored over the list for weeks ... written it and rewritten it until it was perfect. And, for some reason Dean hadn't seen it until the day before Thanksgiving when I went into panic mode that there wouldn't be enough food. And, so I read the list to him to make sure ... and he assured me there would be plenty. And, now here is the list (for your reading pleasure ... and, I'm sure a few laughs!) ...

Round 1
pumpkin bread
orange cranberry bread
banana bread
cheese and cracker trays
veggies and dip

The REAL Meal
turkey
stove top stuffing (for Dean)
real stuffing
green beans
mashed potatoes
sweet potatoe casserole
corn casserole
gravy
rolls
cranberry sauce
green and black olives

Desserts
pumpkin pie
apple pie (made by Dean)
sweet potato pie
no-bake cookies
peanut butter blossoms
peanut butter fudge
sugared pecans
pecan tassies

When Linda and Paul got here, Dean read the list to them (I guess it is pretty funny). And, Linda's question let me know I probably had made too much ... she wanted to know how many other families were coming.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Holy Cow... You are your mother's daughter. :)

Al & Judy Melton said...

How clever... you can use the same list for CHRISTMAS! ... works for me, love ya, dad

Al & Judy Melton said...

You have become your mother! Can we have a repeat of that for Christmas diner?

grannimcd said...

Trust me, I was there....... there was definitely enough food to feed most of the neighborhood and beyond. And all of it was soooooo yummy. Well, I am not sure about the sweet potato casserole cuz it never came outta the oven............ ;-)