Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Not My Choice ... But He's My President

It's been a week since the election and I have meant to post this sooner. I am not ashamed to say I did not vote for President Elect Barack Obama. He was not my choice ... but, on January 20th he will become my president (Happy Birthday Dean! Just what you wished for!) I am thankful for a country that has a peaceful transitioning between presidents. I am thankful for a country that gives me the opportunity to vote for who I want and not tell me who I have to vote for. I am thankful for a country who says anyone can be president regardless of skin color (we should be so proud as a country for this moment in History) I am thankful that as a woman I was allowed to vote ... 100 years ago that was not the case! I am thankful. With the priviledge of voting comes responsibility. Just because "my guy" didn't win doesn't mean I now get to sulk for 4 years ... oh no. My job for the next 4 years is to pray, pray, pray for our president. I am especially praying that he surrounds himself with wise counselors. I am praying that the enormity of who he became on November 4th causes him to seek God with all his heart. I am praying for his safety. Oh how I am praying! If God could take Saul of Tarsus and turn him into Paul ... just think what he could do with our president! All Christians should be praying for our president ... and asking God to send our country another Ronald Reagan for 2012!

2 comments:

rachellechaseblog said...

preach it girlll!!

Al & Judy Melton said...

ibid we are proud of you and can not agree with you more! Pray, pray and pray or as a mutual friend says; pray when you feel like it, pray when you don't feel like it and pray until you feel like it! We love you and are counting the days until Christmas! mom & dad