Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend was glorious. Just glorious.

-First, Torrey is better. Praise you Jesus! She is now buried under a mountain of homework ... we hope to see her again sometime next week! (Kidding ... she seems to have it all under control. Some day she will get on her knees and thank the Lord she inherited those genes from Dean!)

-Don and Colette came to town and we were able to meet them for dinner. Funny how you don't see some people for years and you just pick up where you left off. They have raised two of the neatest kids ... write a book Don and Colette, write a book!

-Church was amazing. Absolutely amazing. Gregg just finished a series about the birds and the bees ... I encourage everyone to go to our church website (houstonsfirst.org) and listen. It was good.

-Colette came to church with us and then we went to lunch and dessert. Yummiest sandwich and salad ever. Ever. But, I am still dreaming about the best cupcake I have had in a long time. Oh, Dessert Gallery, how I love you. I have talked about that cupcake all day. All day. And, so you can truly understand how good it was ... it was just a yellow cupcake with buttercream frosting. Nothing fancy ... just an ordinary, unbelievably delicious cupcake.

-And, then last night Dean and I watched the oldest Duggar boy get married. This family intrigues me ... I seriously can't look away. You know there was nothing on TV last night if Dean watched the entire thing with me!

-I forgot to mention that I went to bed at 4:30 on Friday night and woke up at 9:00 Saturday morning. I would love to tell you I had a rough week, but I only went to school 2 days ... here's hoping I don't fall asleep in my chair at noon this Friday!

And, now we are back to Monday ... and I am behind on the pictures (AGAIN!) I take them, I just don't post them. Good grief. Why did I ever start this project? I am determined to finish it. How many more days until December 31st?!

5 comments:

Dean T. said...

You forgot to mention how I connected with you emotionally. ;-)

Jennifer McGregor said...

tmi

jaywalker said...

i think you should just post your pictures once a week. then you won't be pressured to post every single day. carve out some time on sunday afternoons or something. but don't give it up! it's a great idea and at the end of the year, you can load them all on snapfish and make a really cool coffee table book about your year!

Al & Judy Melton said...

Mom said, You give your self too little credit. Dean is smart and so are you so Torrey didn't have a chance...OK she did have 2 chances!!! Love ya

grannimcd said...

three hundred and thirty-nine ...........