Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Week in Our Life ....

Jen wanted me to update yesterday ... she was working and needed something to do. Well, she actually said she needed something hilarious to read. Oh the pressure. I think I got writers block ... or, perhaps it was an episode of Grey's Anatomy calling me! Anyways, here is what happened to the Townsends this week ...

Torrey is going to go on a missions trip with our church youth group to San Antonio this summer. She spent Friday/Saturday at a missions conference. We were supposed to get her at 10 pm last night, but, she called as we were heading out the door to meet friends for dinner. She was sick. Little girl had a fever of 102 ... yikes! As I write this we are at 101. She is just miserable.

And, speaking of Torrey, she is going to try out to be an 8th grade cheerleader. I am now in search of someone to coach her until the tryouts ... because I am totally unable. I'm sure I won't have a problem finding someone ... we live in Texas afterall!

Dean went to Baton Rouge for 2 nights ... or, as he calls it "Red Stick." He is hilarious! We missed him while he was gone ... well not Nikita (the cat). I let him sleep on our bed ... Dean has banned his presence in our bed room at night. He is a roamer and enjoys waking Dean up. He might try to wake me up, but if you know me, you know that isn't going to happen!

I went to a riveting workshop on rocks. YAWN. I am really not a Science girl. I try. Not my thing. It was supposed to be a totally hands on thing, but they had some visiting dinosaur guy who came in and he dominated the workshop. DOUBLE YAWN. I have come to the conclusion that I may have ADHD and it was more than I could bear. That and I was really tired ... it made for a long day!

On Monday my little friend said "Blah. Blah. Blah. That's all you ever say." Is it wrong that I got a little happy in my head because I had finally achieved what every teacher dreams of achieving. I had become the "Charlie Brown Teacher." Oh joy. What do you call it when someone tries to give you a dis and it becomes a compliment instead? Perhaps a dis-compliment? Not sure, but I got one.

Not much else happened this week ... unless you count the funniest Office episode since December. If you watched it you now know what you can do with a hybrid car. Oh wait, I have a hybrid ... always look behind you when reading a note attached to bushes. (How are you? I am well.) I'm just saying.

Dean turns 42 this week. He so robbed the cradle. Colette and Don come to town. We have dinner plans with Linda and Paul. Next weeks update should be a little more riveting. And, perhaps I will finally get all the pictures uploaded. I am thinking I see a "sick" day in my near future (Dean can't stay home with Torrey tomorrow and when she is this sick I don't want her around Gram). Is it wrong I am jumping for joy?!

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

finally. thank you... cassidy does the same thing as kita, and yup, bugs RYAN and not me. hilarious. he has also been banned. hope torrey is feeling better soon! call me in between tylenol and ibuprofen doses!