Monday, January 19, 2009

Day Sixteen

Today a new Kroger opened in our neighborhood. The week before we got a flier in the mail announcing there would be a drawing for a year of free groceries. I am not a Kroger shopper, but I do love me some free groceries, so I went to check it out. First of all, let me be clear. It was not HEB ... not even close. I kept on shopping because of the free groceries. When I checked out I asked about the free groceries and was told "There are no free groceries, but $500 in free prescriptions." I told the manager he was wrong. I got the flier and got excited because I USE free groceries, I do not use free prescriptions. He told me if I brought the flier back he would set something up. What? It was your marketing plan. Suffice it to say these are the last Kroger bags that will ever come into my house because I will never shop there again. Oh Kroger, you are dead to me.

1 comment:

Al & Judy Melton said...

Hmmmmm and what makes you think K Roger cares???

When I come to visit, I am going to bring Kroger bags into the house for you...

But I do love you!