Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We finally made it up to Linda and Paul's this afternoon. We went today to celebrate Austin's 4th birthday. We had a lot of fun. (We usually do when we are all together.) Favorite part ... birthday cake and holding baby Suzie (and, yes, I realize that is two favorite parts!)

Sometimes pictures are just annoying when you are the birthday boy! We pulled in right behind them (Linda had braved the grocery store with the two older kids), and when Austin got out of the car he said, "Look! My friends are here!" Make that another favorite part of my day ... making it to Austin's "friends list"!
This little peanut is just scrumptious! Dean was her entertainment during lunch. We know she is smart because he did the "What's that on your shirt?" trick to her once and was never able to get her to fall for it again. Perhaps MIT is in her future?
Torrey and Ellie ... so cute together! Right after this Ellie was going to take a nap and she was told to give hugs to everyone ... she kept coming back to me over and over and over again. I was going to lie down with her, but I soon realized that wasn't going to work. I came to that conclusion as she was screaming in my face to "Wake up! Wake up!" She is so related to me!
And, while the kids were napping the other 3 kids were playing with Austin's toys. It took them awhile to set it up and even longer to figure out which car goes where to make each stunt work. Their hard work paid off because Austin's face when Torrey showed it to him was priceless!

And, introducing our newest niece ... Susan Lorilyn Tracy. Isn't she beautiful? It was my sweet pleasure to hold her all afternoon ... I would have snitched her if her brother and sister didn't love her so much. Well, actually, they are all pretty smitten with her! And, I am aware that I threw in the "Tracy" part to her name ... I am just hoping it sticks. And, if her parents don't go for it, I just may send out a petition!

1 comment:

Al & Judy Melton said...

I vote for "Tracy" she is adorable and a wonderful addition to a wonderufl family ... May God Bless. Love ya, "Papoo Al"