Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Mikie!

Today Mike turns something. (I still struggle with the fact that I have nieces and nephews in their 30's ... when one of them hits 40 I just may jump off a cliff!) Happy Birthday Mike! We are so proud of the man you have become. Mike was the first one to welcome me to the Townsend family back when Dean and I were dating ... truly welcome me. There was a banner and everything. I so wish I had been a scrapbooker back then. But, that sign is etched in my memory ... the part of it that makes me smile the most is that he didn't know me ... AT ALL ... and he still loved me. Just because. That is so Mikie. He has graciously given Dean and I a front row seat to every good day in his life ... from meeting Jessica to this past December and welcoming Suzie home. And, we have loved every minute of it. You may be a man, and a doctor, and a husband, and a dad, but, you will ALWAYS be Mikie to us! Hope your day was special ... we love you!

2 comments:

jaywalker said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww.......

Al & Judy Melton said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW....

and ibid!!!