Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sumtin' Sumtin'

Everyone needs to be reminded of where they come from now and then. Today was my day. Let me preface it to say that I didn't go into teaching for the money. Evidently I also didn't go into it to help build my self esteem.

When I opened the top drawer of my desk, several of my friends realized I had another badge stashed in there (in case I lose this years badge, I saved last years badge.) When they asked about it, I told them I keep the extra one in there just in case. My little buddy looked at me and said "Oh, nice Mrs. Townsend is in the drawer and mean Mrs. Townsend is out of the drawer." Nice. And, here I thought I was being especially kind and loving today. Guess not.

Nothing like a Kindergartner to put you in your place. To knock you down a few pegs. To keep you humble. To remind you that you really aren't "sumtin' sumtin'" after all.

2 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

Awwwww come on "S....... L..." you always were Sumtin to me and always will be :-). dad

Allana Martian said...

Too cute! "Kids" (said with rolling eyes)