Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Resolutions

Um, didn't make them. Because I would have broken them by now. I know myself well. There are some things I would like to accomplish this year ... well, there is mainly ONE thing on my 2009 "To Do List" ... clean out the drawers. As in all of them. Every drawer in the house. Then I want to KEEP them clean. Bigger job than it sounds ... you should see the junk drawer!

There are three things I am praying for this year ... I guess you could call that my resolution. They are ...

1. For our friend's daughter who is missing. She has been missing since January 2006. As we enter the third year (how can that possibly be) I am praying for resolution ... that this sweet family would finally know where their girl is. God, you know. You know.

2. I am also praying that 2009 would be the year that we know where our family will be. Sounds silly, but, until we moved to Houston in 2006, we had thought Orlando was our "it" place. Not so. Not so. For the past two and a half years I have felt like a nomad ... which is crazy because we haven't kept moving around since coming to Houston. There is just a sense that Houston may not be "it" ... we moved here knowing there could be one more move. So, I want 2009 to be the year that God shows us, undeniably, where He wants our family to be ... we aren't looking to move from Houston, I just want to know. (Torrey will be in 8th grade next year ... it will be difficult to move her during her high school years.)

3. And, finally, my prayer is that I will live my life intentionally. I really need to get my priorities refocused. I am trying ... really. I have had a tendency to pour myself into 19 kiddos and then come home too exhausted to pour any of me into my family ... which is backwards. I want 2009 to be a year where my family knows that I love them ... undeniably. I also want others who come in contact with me to know that I am in love with Jesus ... undeniably. I want to be more intentional with my actions.

2008 brought changes to our family ... I went back to teaching, Linda and Paul moved to Houston, Gram turned 80, a hamster (ick!), a new puppy ... who knows what 2009 will bring? Good times I am sure. Good times.

1 comment:

Torrey said...

Daisy Mae would not appreciate you saying "ICK" about her! =[