Friday, October 2, 2009

From My Sick Bed

Oh yes ... I have been in bed with a fever for the past 3 days. Which meant missing 3 days of school. All my teacher friends out there will give testimony that it is a big pain to miss a day of school ... we still have to send in plans and make sure everything is set for the day. I thought I was going to go in this morning ... but there was no way. Looking forward to Monday!

Which reminds me. This morning. I woke up at 4:36 to a terrible thunder and lightning storm and no power. I slept in the guest room ... which meant I wasn't awakened by the dogs. Who do not like thunder and lightning. At. All. And, they bark to let us know. Anyways, I get up at 5:00 am and I knew I HAD to take a shower this morning. So, I started to pray that the storm would head out so I could take a shower by 5:00. When 5:00 rolled in the storm had rolled out. Still no power. We learned during the hurricane that even if we have no power we still have hot water, so I took a shower and prayed that by the time I was finished the power would come on. I kid you not ... when I turned off the water, the power came back on. And, now I am praying a bit more fervently for God to do something a bit bigger for my family ... will post on that if He brings it to pass!

As I type this I am fever free and rested and caught up on my HGTV and Food Network skills. For my mom and sisters, I giggled through a few episodes of Paula Deen ... mostly because I know where she does her shopping. The magic is gone! But, don't you think they should have added a trip to the butter store? She uses a ton of it ... and I do mean a ton.

Tomorrow ... out of bed! Happy Friday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Master, I have to tell you a secret! I love watching the food network! It's my favorite channel. I have to tell you though that I do not enjoy Paula Deen's shows. I often wonder ALSO how she keeps her figure because she uses a stick of butter in every recipe she uses. I think it's a bit much. My favorite is Rachel Ray and the Italian girl!