Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm Just Saying

This morning on my drive to school (some days it feels loooong ... oh, wait! That's because it is a long drive to school. Bother.) I was thinking. Which isn't against the law yet ... driving and thinking. Texting and driving ... against the law. And, it should be.

Anyways, it hit me. We want men and women of integrity to run businesses and our country, but, yet we say we don't want God to have any part in the upbringing of these future men and women. Seems like an oxymoron to me ... you just can't get to THERE without HIM. That thought has mulled over and over and over in my head.

Maybe I was thinking about it to keep myself from throwing up this morning. Not because my sickness was back. But because it was "College Day" at school today and Torrey was dressed up to talk to college representatives. Please tell me that sentence just made someone else sick too.

My 8th grader is thinking WHERE she wants to go to college. She even asked the different representatives questions about what she should do in high school to get into their college. High School. Next year. Gulp.

Just so you know, her front runner is and has been Texas A&M. She dreams of being a vet and they have a good vet program. Bring on the Aggie jokes ... we can take 'em and give a "Whoop!" in return. She, however, will not be able to give a "Whoop!" until she is a Junior ... it is not allowed. Not even in a whisper.

As for Dean and I and the college decision ... we are going to trust her decision while giving our parental advice (with a gentle reminder that we do get a vote since we are the ones paying for it!) We are rooting for A&M ... it is close, it looks like Mikey will be practicing there (good to have a doctor in the family in the same town your child goes to college!), and they have an amazing college ministry there called Breakaway (founded by our Pastor.) But, five years is a long time to have to make a decision ... although right now it feels like minutes. (Must swallow lump in throat.)

Finally, tonight, I complete my rambling to say that I really love being an auntie. And, I am so good at it, I have been made a great-auntie multiple times over ... and, if my math is correct, number 29 is on the way. So, congratulations to me!

And, that is all I got. Good night. Or, as an Aggie would say ... Gig 'em!

4 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

Just. Not. Possible.

Steve said...

Thanks, now I am going to jump off the roof! After I set up the bouncy castle of course!

jaywalker said...

our front-runner house has an above-the-garage apartment for torrey. :) you think i'm kidding? haha! if it's not perfect for torrey, at least her parents could stay there when they come to visit her.

http://webhosts.cisdata.net/bin/rea.php?action=HOME_SEARCH&listing_id=REAGAD42114265&hs_action=VIEW_DETAIL&acnt=AR147543

Laurie said...

I was just trying to figure out when her graduation was...college???? OY!