Monday, October 19, 2009

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

I had great plans for all I hoped to accomplish this weekend. I was well on my way there ... and then I started to feel crummy. And, all that I had planned to do fell by the wayside.

It must be said that we have had several cases of H1N1 at the school where I teach. Several. And, one of the sweet things was diagnosed on Tuesday afternoon ... a mere 3 hours after I was hugging and rubbing all over her face because she told me she didn't feel well. And, she's not even in my class this year. Lesson learned. Hug no one. Which is impossible ... I teach Kindergarten people!

And, now it must now be said. I do not fear Swine Flu. Not a bit. I am sort of resigned to the fact that I will probably get it. There is not enough hand sanitizer in the state of Texas to prevent it.

And, so, on Saturday afternoon when I started to feel crummy I figured it was on it's way. But, still no sign of Pig Flu. My low-grade fever is gone. I am still flu-free ... for now.

Which leads me back to the point of this post. I did have great plans this weekend to document the fun of our weekend. And then the low-grade fever ended the fun of the weekend. So, instead of fun, you got this rambling mess.

Who knows what I will post when I actually GET Swine Flu?!

1 comment:

Steve said...

If you get swine flu, be sure you call me so I can ask you for stuff, I mean PRAY FOR YOU!!!