Friday, September 4, 2009

Where Are You?

So, after a month-long absence, I ventured back to the blog to post an update. And, my blog totally acted like she didn't know me. I had to sign in and everything. Has it really been that long? Um, yes.

What have we been up to? School. School. School. School is back in session. In case you hadn't guessed. The start is always rough. Maybe "rough" isn't the right word ... I would more classify it as CRAZY. There were days I didn't know which end was up. And, now September is here. And, I can breathe again. I heart September.

Torrey spent the week of pre-planning in Florida with my parents. She had a blast. She came home (with my dad) the day before school started. Eighth grade is good. She likes her teachers. And, is looking forward to a fun trip to Washington, DC in February. Partly because it is a trip. Partly because she is going with her friends. Mostly because her parents aren't going! We still know our place.

She did get two parts in the Middle School play. This year they are doing Aladdin. She has a solo as a grocer and she will also be an Aladdin dancer. Rehearsals start Tuesday. I will try to keep my complaining to a minimum this year.

I cannot say enough great things about my class this year. It does make me chuckle because each year the makeup of the class is similar to the one from the year before. No matter where we have lived or what grade I have taught or how the classes are formed, I get the same kind of kids. And so, in this instance I can say it is all about me.

We are renovating Torrey's bathroom. It started out as purely cosmetic ... I was wishing for different tile. Today the cabinet came out and we realized that there was a leak behind the wall. Small. Fixable. Won't slow down the process. It did make me happy because there have been a few times this week that we wondered if perhaps our timing with the renovation was crazy. Evidently this was a project that was needed. And, I am happy to say that once again the hardwood floors were not injured ... although in a few more weeks it could have been disastrous!

And, in other big news this week, my parents headed back to Israel. They are back at the Garden Tomb. They will be back in the states the end of October. We miss them terribly, but we live vicariously through them here.

Back in December I posted this. On that day my brother had been laid off. And, so we waited for him to find a new job, knowing that God had the perfect one for him. And, this week, seemingly out of the blue, "snow" came in the form of a job. We know it didn't really come out of the blue, but rather came from God. His timing is perfect. His ways are perfect. Steve loves his new job and we are all thrilled. (I would like to throw in that when I got the text about the job I cried. My parents didn't cry. My sisters didn't cry. Just me. Steve, don't you think you should let me have the picture of the great grandparents for crying?!)

And, now I am off to enjoy my family. This has been a week that has caused me to think on them more. To love them more. And to know that each day is a gift. More on that later ...

3 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

FINALLY an update! Good GRIEF!

Laurie said...

AUGH! [[[hug]]]

Steve said...

NO! Now if you want to talk about a trade for a 2010 Ford Shelby GT500, let me know. P.S. I did appreciate the tears, just ask Mom how much grief I gave her about it!