Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rest

As I write this, my house is quiet. Dean is resting. The dogs are resting. Torrey is finishing homework. It is quiet. It is good.

Labor Day weekend has been one of rest for our family. And, for that I am thankful. We are enjoying just being with each other. We have talked and dreamed of a future trip of a lifetime. We have laughed. We have rested. We have worshipped. We have just had a good weekend.

The tile guys appeared at our house on Saturday morning ... at exactly the same moment as the lawn guys. We have two dogs ... one of which likes people in his house, one of which does not. Neither of the dogs like people in THEIR yard. It was a mess of a start to Saturday! The tile guys did not speak English, but I do think they spoke dog ... and, I think they knew they were not welcome!

The tile turned out great ... grout should come tomorrow. Trim guy comes on Tuesday ... to add the beadboard and crown moulding in the bathroom and Torrey's bedroom. Then, I think just paint and putting the toilet and cabinet in. Right now the toilet is in the game room ... we are classy!

Dean did his draft for Fantasy Football. Here's hoping he picked well. He had the first pick ... if that tells you anything about his season last year.

Church today was great. We so love our church. Today a young man was baptized. He is autistic. He hasn't been baptized because he struggles with water on his face. This summer he was going to go kayaking with his boy scout troop. In order to go he had to get acclimated to the water. He finally put his head under the water ... and as soon as he came up he told his parents he wanted to get baptized. And the whole church cheered when we heard his story. And then we wept when he was baptized. Hit close to home for many reasons.

And, now I am off to find snacks for my family ... because they are no longer resting! Enjoy your labor day ... and hug someone you love.

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

I like it. And, I'm certain those snacks involved microwave popcorn with m&m's mixed in. MMmmmmmm.

Laurie said...

Awesome story about the young man...isn't it amazing that no matter whether they have disabilities or not, they still understand God in a very neat way. I love that my God makes that possible.