Friday, September 11, 2009

In the Middle of a Bathroom Remodel

So we are in the middle of remodeling Torrey's bathroom. It wasn't a terrible room ... I just hated the color and the tile. It is small. And, it always felt dark to me. And it was dull. Not the bathroom of a vivacious teenager. I wanted it to be fresh and bright. And, I secretly hope that redoing it will inspire someone to keep it clean. (And, Torrey that someone is not Dalila!) It isn't finished yet ... although we are close. I wanted to give my dad (and my mom) a few pictures ... if he were here he would be stopping by every day to check the progress. Not because he is nosey ... but, because he digs home projects. So, Dad ... this is for you!

As you can see the tile is in and grouted. We went with mostly white tile on the floor with a little black square here and there for color. We used a subway tile (matte finish) in the shower. I am a BIG fan of subway tiles. I may never have another house without them.

We also added crown in the bathroom. I know you don't usually put crown in the bathroom ... but, I just thought it needed a bit of something up there. We also put a bead board around the entire room. Do you like how I say "we" ... as if I did any of the labor?! Well, I did help carry the toilet out ... evidently I would have done anything to get this bathroom redone!

And, another picture of the floor with the bead board. The small black squares were added almost as an after thought. I really like the way it turned out.

Tomorrow the painters come ... the bead board and the rest of the trim will be painted a creamy white (to go with the rest of the trim in the house) and the upper walls of the room will be painted the same green as in Torrey's room.

We are closing in on the finish line. It will be an exciting day when the toilet makes it out of the game room!

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

I like how you added black for a little "color". Go crazy, girl!
HA! Looks good so far... i'm sure there will be MORE pictures soon, you know, when YOU are finished painting... tell me again why YOU aren't painting?

Al & Judy Melton said...

YESSSS! Dean we won!!! Black squares were Dean's idea and dad helped campaign for them... great look and yes, I wish I was there to supervise... though your contractor is probably glad I am NOT... love ya