Friday, September 11, 2009

Ready or Not 8th Grade ... Here We Come!

Our girl started 8th grade this year. Gulp. Not sure I am really ready for it ... but, she sure is! For the past few years, we would pass 8th graders in the hall and I would marvel at how grown up they looked ... and would be thankful that Torrey wasn't there yet. Well, now this is her year ... and she definitely looks like an 8th grader!

She was excited and ready for the first day of school. It was only a half day ... which was good because she went home and took a 3 hour nap. (Which only reminded us that High School is right. around. the. corner. Shudder!) I think it will be a great year for her. Now ... if I can just figure out a way to keep her in 8th grade forever ...

Oh, I looked thrilled to be starting the year, don't I?! I really was glad to be back!

And, I know that school started on August 19th ... the beginning of the school year is always crazy. I don't come up for air until, well, now. Oh, how I love September!

2 comments:

Allana Martian said...

I have a feeling that Torry and Becca would get along great! Sure wish they could "meet" again! High School will be here before you know it!

Jennifer McGregor said...

LOVE your hair! Looks awesome, even though you look so very excited. HA! I'm having issues with 8th grade. That came too quick. I'm still remembering the "Happy Day" cake we got when Torrey was 2 and you had just moved to Florida. *sigh*