Friday, September 11, 2009

Living in "The Sweet Spot"

I've said it before, and I will say it again. Our dogs are crazy about each other. There has not been one day where they have not been best buddies ... although you would not know it when there is food to be had. Then, it is every dog for himself! Often, during the day we will come around the corner and find the two of them curled up together ... comfortable and content.

I commented to Dean the other day, that I feel like right now we are living in "The Sweet Spot" ... we are comfortable and content. Things seem to just be "clicking" in all the important areas of our family. (Now, that isn't to say that the laundry is always done when we need it or that the grocery shopping is done regularly ... I said we are living in "The Sweet Spot", not a Disney movie!) We just feel God's presence. And, it feels good.

I debated writing this post. You may not be where we are ... goodness knows we aren't always here. I didn't want to jinx us out of it. I didn't want to sound braggy. But, I really write this blog for my family ... Dean, Torrey and I ... and, when we look back 6 months or a year from now and we aren't feeling like we are in "The Sweet Spot", I want to give us hope that we were there and we will be again.

2 comments:

Allana Martian said...

I love this one! I call our sweet spot "The Comfort Zone". And it seems like we get settled in to enjoy it and things inevitably get stirred back up. I'm glad you took the time to point out and mark this time of God's mercy and love in your life. It will encourage me to do the same!

Al & Judy Melton said...

thanks for putting in words that which we all feel from time to time... for us... Jerusalem! and then it gets sweeter when we go home! love ya, mom & dad