Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Project Life ... Week Three

Oh, yes peeps, I have made it to week #3 ... and, yes I am aware that several of you are shocked.  Whatever. 
Another one bites the dust.  This time it was the washing machine.  Totally over things breaking.  Big things breaking.  Praying this week is break-free ... our wallet and psyche can't take much more!
 Martin Luther King's Birthday.  I spent the day at school with my Kinderfriends.  Part of our day was spent doing a service project.  We packed 21 boxes for a platoon of Marines serving in Afghanistan.  Sent with the love and prayers of 72 Kindergartners.  Doesn't get much sweeter than that!
 We don't do Teacher Appreciation Week at my school.  Instead, families take turns blessing teachers for the week.  We never know whose turn it is or what week they have or even if it is a week someone will bless us ... surprises just arrive.  These lovelies arrived for me today ... and instantly brightened my day!
We heard about the Texas sky before we moved here.  Words and pictures can't begin to describe its beauty.  Tonight I stepped out into the backyard and couldn't get over the beauty of the night sky.  Gorgeous!
 Dean's 43rd birthday.  We went to dinner at Outback ... much to Torrey and Dean's joy.  Our lives feel out of control busy right now ... between school, work, volleyball practice, this day alone was crazy.  It was sweet to stop and breathe and celebrate Dean ... if even for just a bit.
 Torrey wrote this card to Dean.  She called it "The. Best. Card. Ever." and made me take a picture of it.  I do believe it was the best card ever.  Because she meant every word.
The moon is full.  Which would explain a lot.  Since becoming a teacher, full moons have taken on a new meaning.  And that meaning is not good.

There you have it ... week #3.  And to week #4 I say, "Bring it!"

No comments: