Sunday, January 9, 2011

It Had to Happen

It is January 9th and we are FINALLY getting Christmas completely packed up.  I would like to say that we ALWAYS have it packed away by the 1st, but not this year.  Perhaps it is because our Christmas was so fantastic and we didn't want it to end.  Yeah.  Let's go with that.  Because we all know the real reason it took us this long.

That's right.  I am blaming my BFF.  Procrastination.

Anywho, most things have been packed away for over a week.  Just the tree ... the bare tree ... sat in the middle of the family room mocking us.  Dean decided he was going to have me help him carry it into the garage still fully up.  

I will pause while you laugh.

Because clearly I am not the only one who sees the crazy in that plan.  The tree is 9 feet tall.  And I am a weakling.  No matter how you do the math you come up with impossible as the answer.

And then the Frontgate catalog came in the mail.  They have Christmas tree bags that are ingenious.  When you look in the catalog they show perfectly cone-like bags that are "full" of a Christmas tree.  The bag became plan B.

First of all, getting that tree IN the bag involved blood, sweat and tears.  And three people.   And it became clear that the perfect cone-like bag is NOT full of a Christmas tree in the magazine, because ours is anything BUT perfectly cone-like.

And, thankfully none of the neighbors were around as we dragged it out of the house and into my garage.  Because they would have known that we really are six degrees of crazy!

3 comments:

grannimcd said...

I don't feel so bad now. I just got mine up in the attic last Friday.
Your posts always crack me up. Just thought I would let you know that.

grannimcd said...

Still waiting to see Christmas photos --- but I am patient !!

Jennifer McGregor said...

Dean with the tree in a bag is just hilarious. Thinking about you "helping"? even funnier! We are going to have a Seasons Tree this year. And you thought Procrastination was YOUR "BFF".