Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Project Life 2011

For my birthday last year, Jennifer and Ryan gave me a Project Life album.  Basically you take a picture a day.  For 365 days.

I have tried not to think of January 1, 2011 at all since then.  Because I knew I would have to actually start the album on that day.  And we all know what a success my last attempt at such a project was.  I may have gotten to January 18th.  Oh, I kid.  I am totally padding my number ... it was more like January 10th.  Yay me.

But, it is a new year.  And a new start.  And a new album.  Which I will finish ... even though Dean and Torrey are taking bets on how long I will last.  I have already passed Dean's date and when I took a picture tonight I passed Torrey's.  Take that.

Here's how it will work.  I am taking one picture a day, but I am not posting them every day.  Clearly my downfall the last time ... at least that is my story!  On Tuesdays I will post the previous week's pictures. For all to enjoy.

So, without further ado I give you Project Life 2011 ... The Townsend Edition.


 Seems like everything is breaking around here.  Dern.  Hot water heater.  Direct TV is messed up.  Garbage disposal.  Garage doors.  Enough already.  Dean googled (or  YouTubed) how to fix the garbage disposal and he replaced it himself.  Rock Star.


Torrey used Christmas money to get a new watch.  In Justin Bieber's color.  Which makes me smile ... because purple was Donny Osmond's color too.


I was heading into the house when they caught my eye.  Crepe Myrtle buds past their prime.  By about 6 months.  Ugly?  Oh, yes.  But this verse ran through my mind "and provide for those who grieve in Zion - to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of despair.  They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor." (Isaiah 61:3)  I know that from the ugliness of buds that are dead will come beauty.  And gladness.  And praise.  Let it be so with my life, Lord.  Let it be so.


Back to school.  Back to early mornings.  Back to struggling to get it all done.  Back to funny things my kiddos do and say.  Back to the grind.  This is the hardest "leg" of the year - a straight shot to Spring Break without one day off.  I struggled this morning with the fact that Torrey is halfway through ninth grade - tick tock tick tock.  Stop the clock already!


 May 12, 2010.  The day Torrey got her braces off.  Best day ever! Today we had a "retainer check" at 5:15.  At 5:40 (after staring at a sign that said "we value your time blah blah blah") she was finally seen - and out in minutes with a good report.  She always wears her retainer ... because her cousin is on round 2 of braces and she only wants to have to wear them once.  And, yes, we thank him often!


She is darlin'.  And I do mean darlin'.  Sweet little thing had double knee surgery in November.  She is still a bit gimpy, but we are seeing progress.  She hasn't been cleared to jump or run, but she is trying to do both.  As well as she is feeling, she still demands wants to be pampered.  But that really isn't anything new!


2011 is the year of Tracy's iPad.  Dean was the original owner, but he made the comment that what he really wanted was an iPod touch ... which I had.  He agreed to a trade and I was quick to say "no tradesies backsies" and I haven't looked back since.  It is definitely a good thing!


It was time.  Actually it was long past time.  I was in desperate need of a haircut and today was the day.  And I love it.  And weigh about 10 lbs. lighter!

2 comments:

jaywalker said...

haha! i am doing this project too! except that i am resolving to take a picture a day with my new phone... which means that at some point every day i would actually have my cell phone on my person... which is the bigger point to the project. :)

rachellechaseblog said...

this is a cool project!
i love that i get to see so many pics on your blog.
i also drooled just a tiny bit over your ipad.
and i love that picture of you..so cute! :)