Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Project Life 2011 ... Week Two

Week two.  I actually made it to week two.  Look at me go.  And, please know that I am totally patting myself on the back and giving myself fireworks claps ... it is how I tick. 

I am posting this over at Jessica's blog ... her blog totally made me believe I could actually do this.  I do not know her in real life ... which is probably a good thing.  Since I stalk her and all.  I am supposed to put the Project Life button on my blog or on my post ... if Jessica and I were real life friends she would know that I am technologically challenged.  I figured she would forgive me for a week or two while I tried to figure it out.

So ... here we go ... this is what we did this week.  Please contain your excitement!
 Rainy.  Gloomy.  Cold.  Totally describes the weather today ... and my mood.  Not sure the reason for my foul mood, but it has lingered and lingered and lingered today.  Praying for the sun tomorrow ... both outside and in me!
 Family dinner.  Moments to come together.  Moments to laugh.  Moments to reconnect.  Moments to talk about our day.  Seems like not long enough moments, but these days I'll take whatever moments I can get.  Gram is home.  Our family is complete.
 It.  Is.  Freezing.  When we left the house it was 31 degrees this morning.  It warmed up some, but not much.  I was so happy when Dean turned on the fireplace tonight.  The family room was cozy, cozy, cozy.  Perhaps another one tomorrow night ... it is supposed to be even colder tomorrow!
 We got new furniture in October.  I love it all, but I am especially in love with my paisley chair.  Seems I am not the only one who loves the paisley chair.  Zack is in love with it too.  Which explains why my beautiful paisley chair is covered in towels. Dern dog!
 She is a playa' ... a volleyball playa' that is!  Torrey played on her school's 9th grade team this year and fell in love with the game.  She is now doing club volleyball, but is only on the practice team (her choice).  She goes to practice two nights a week from 7:30-9:30.  Yes.  AT NIGHT!  She always comes out with a smile on her face ... and utterly exhausted.
 We made it to the weekend.  Wahoo!  There were a few moments when I wondered if we would ... some weeks are just long like that.  But, here we are ... at the beginning of the weekend.  A weekend that will go too fast ... but, don't they all?
The guest room closet.  Gag.  I couldn't really get in there too well to truly do it justice ... this snippet is enough.  I spent hours in here today and ended up with a plastic tub (plus some!) for a garage sale and a black trash bag (plus some!) for the garbage ... and a cleaner, more organized closet.  My goal is to purge this room by January 31st ... so I can move on to something even grosser.  The craft room.  Give me strength

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Tracy,

Those were some fun pictures. And I appauld you!!

Hope it warms up♥

Allana Martian said...

James is laying here on the bed beside me and he perked up at the sight of your Friday picture. "Oooo! We need one of those, mom!" I agree! I was thinking the same thing when I saw the fireplace.

grannimcd said...

Dear Tracy, I do so look forward to catching up with your news via your blog. I am sooooo glad that you take the time to do it. I don' t know how we would ever 'keep together' without it. Seems like - even though we live on opposite ends of the same city - we should get together more often. Please know that I love feeling a part of your lives via blogspot if not actually face-to-face. Love you guys....
Maybe one day we can actually, physically get together? But til then, please keep posting.......xoxoxo

Unknown said...

The window picture is my fave :)

I can relate to the foul mood ...Struggling here as well, but determined to whip it this week.

Good luck on the scrap room...mine is MAJOR NEED...spring project??