Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What's Up Doc?

Christmas Break is almost over.  Last year this time I was in denial that I had to go back.  This year?  I am just about ready.  Christmas Break has been good.  Just what the doctor ordered.  But, I am ready to see my small peeps again.

This has not been a Christmas Break that has been wasted.  Oh no.  I have been a busy busy beaver.

Over the last week I ...

Cleaned out the closet.  Again.  I think this marks the third time since this blog began almost 2 years ago.  Bother.  I dare say it won't be the last time I have to go through and thoroughly clean it.  And, I mean thoroughly.

I also cleaned out the pantry.  I'm sure our cleaning lady about fell out when she saw that last week ... not sure what she thought when she saw the closet yesterday.  She may have wondered if she came in the wrong house!

I completed (COMPLETED) a craft project.  I am good at starting ... not so good at finishing.  It is even ready to be framed in a frame that was purchased yesterday.

I am taking The Christmas Tour of Homes at The Nester.  There are 1085 entries.  I am on #63.  I should finish in approximately 2 years. 

I finished a book.  And, it was good.  Thanks for the recommendation Jen!  I am getting ready to load the Kindle with even more books to read.  Oh how I love a good book!

Went to the movies with Torrey.  And the museum.  And the mall.  I even dragged her with me to Hobby Lobby at least three times ... I think I can get in a fourth before the break is really over.  Maybe not.

Made rolled out sugar cookies.  It was a lot of work, but, boy were they yummy.  I definitely want to improve my piping skills this year.

Nursed a sick dog back to health.  Well, he isn't officially back to health, but he did chase the cat today, so I think we are on the road to recovery!  He no longer has the lumps on his sides and his neck lump is getting smaller.

Rested.  Cooked.  Celebrated with family.  Jumped on the trampoline (more than once!)  

This has been a good break.  I do still need to do lesson plans.  And report cards.  There may even be some papers to grade.  There is always tomorrow.  

Or Thursday!
 

1 comment:

Steve said...

Cookies? Where are mine? I am pretty sure I didn't get any!