Friday, December 25, 2009

These are a Few of My Favorite Things


We put two trees up this year.  We have a big one in our family room that is decorated in only red and gold balls.  The tree in our dining room is home to only snowmen.  It is the tree that I finally decorated last weekend.  It is also the tree with lights that decided to stop working yesterday.  Yesterday.  As in Christmas Eve.  


Perhaps I should be a girl with only one tree next year.  I'm just sayin'.


Anyways ... before the season ends and the decorations go back into the boxes I wanted to share some of the things that are on the trees that have made me smile ... even if only for a week.





This is one of the beauties that is on the fancy tree.  I have several boxes of "fancies" and then many boxes of "plain Jane's" ... all purchased from Target while we were still living in Florida.





My mom always gave a gift to the church members when my Dad was pastoring a church in Massachusetts.  One year this little guy was the gift.  I love love love him.  So much that I have about 4 of him on the tree.  


My mom decided to get rid of all her snowman stuff when they moved to Florida ... and I was the lucky recipient.  I'm pretty sure she got this from a great craft show we would always go to in Massachusetts.  We really loved Robin's things ... her booth would always be bursting with people and with little gems like this.


This little guy just makes me smile.  I took off the $3.95 price tag when I hung it up this year.  Seriously?  It is itty bitty and full of detail.  Um, Robin, you can charge more than $3.95.  Well, to other people.  Not me.

And, finally, this sweet little snowman angel.  Love him.  As I do all the other ornaments who didn't make this post.  The snowman tree is chock full of treasures that just make me smile ... shouldn't every Christmast tree be like that?

No comments: