Friday, December 25, 2009

The Rest of Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a quiet one in our house this year.  Only Torrey opened a stocking ... we are going to Israel as a family in March, so Dean and I saved the money we would have spent for that.

It was just the 4 of us.  And, it was quiet.  And, peaceful.  And, while it was different, it was nice.

Zoey couldn't stay out of the action.  She is a typical second born ... "Hi.  Do you see me?  Hi.  What are you doing?  Hi.  Does it have anything do with me? Hi.  Do you see me?"  And, as a second born I know of what I speak.  

Torrey got new pajamas from Dean.  He brought this tradition from his family when we first got married.  She always looks forward to a new pair on Christmas Eve.  He hit a home run this year.  You can't see it in the pictures, but the slippers are covered in fur and are ridiculously soft!

Somewhere along the way we added reading "The Night Before Christmas" to our Christmas Eve fun.  Torrey has been reading it since she has been old enough to read.  

We also open our stockings on Christmas Eve which is a tradition I brought from my family when we first got married.  Torrey's stocking was full of fun little treats ... candy, socks (neon colored ... my mom would be so proud!), movies, jewelry.  

Some traditions have changed or been modified as Torrey has gotten older ... I think these are the ones that will be with us forever.

We pray your Christmas is Merry and Bright!  Merry Christmas from all of us!

No comments: