Friday, January 8, 2010

Smell My Breath!

Ah, Serick.  Sweet, Sweet Serick.  He is becoming this year's Bella.  He is spunky.  He is full of himself.  He is all boy.  He is funnier than funny.

And, today when he came in, he wanted me to smell his breath.  Because it smelled like the "most delicious donut".  And, I did smell his breath.  My nose and my face was about 2 inches from his mouth.

And, he was right ... his breath smelled just like a donut.

My entire class agreed.  The ENTIRE class.

That was at 8:00 in the morning.  By the afternoon he was fading.  And fast.  He went to the nurse and got a cough drop so his "breath wouldn't hurt".  The nurse called his mom who decided to take him to the doctor ... "just in case".

Well, suffice it to say ... Serick has strep.  And you know what I immediately thought?

Why, oh, why did I smell his breath this morning?  

And, then a few minutes later ... I think my throat hurts!

2 comments:

jaywalker said...

this cracks me up, because my husband told me that one of the distinctive things about strep throat is that you have a very distinct mouth odor.

HA!

Tracy said...

Actually, his breath smelled like a donut on Friday morning because he always get a donut on the way to school on Friday mornings. I was NOT going to smell his breath in the afternoon for the distinct odor!