Thursday, December 17, 2009

We Are ...

Alive.

Studying and taking exams.  Well, Torrey.  She got an A on her English exam ... she was told it would be impossible to pass.  Which became all our girl needed ... she is one determined little girl.

Decorating for Christmas.  Well, not really.  I still have a tree in my living room with nary an ornament on it.  It has been there since the weekend after Thanksgiving.  This weekend.  I think.  I will say I finally cleaned my craft room and completely freaked out our cleaning lady.  And Torrey.  And Dean.

"Teaching" Kindergarten.  Notice the quotes?  There for a reason.  I am enjoying this Christmas season with my class.  They have made me laugh more times than I should say.  I love the two weeks off, but, I will miss them terribly!

Exhausted.  So very exhausted.  

Enjoying family.  So very much.  We loved celebrating Linda's 60th birthday with her last night.  We have had some sweet family times as we head into Christmas.  Times that have just made us throw our heads back and laugh.  Times that have just made us love each other more.  Times that have made us hug each other tighter.


Focusing on WHO Christmas really is.  And WHY Christmas really is.  And WHAT Christmas really is.  And loving it.

Blessed.

1 comment:

rachellechaseblog said...

thank you for the new vocab word for the week.
Main Entry: nary
Pronunciation: \ˈner-ē\
Function: adjective
Etymology: alteration of ne'er a
Date: 1848

:)