Monday, December 7, 2009

Greetings from the Sick House


Little girl hasn't been feeling too smiley this weekend.  She has been sick, sick, sick.  

Our Friday started out great ... snow, a rousing game of Farkle (which has become our new funnest game), and a viewing of Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.  We just had a fun family night.  And, then we went to sleep.

And, it went downhill from there.

Torrey woke up at 1:30 am ...  sick.  She came to get me to clean up her bathroom.  It didn't take me too long to go back and get Dean for help.  I may or may not have been crying.  Ok.  I was.  Dean told me to go back to bed and he would take care of it.  He didn't even know what he was up against.  But, I did.

And, I went back to bed.

He came back to bed an hour and a half later.  And, I am not exaggerating the time.  

It was that bad.

It must be said.  My husband is a rock star.  He has been using the cleaning of the bathroom to his advantage, however.  As in, "I'm thirsty ... remember the bathroom?"  He thinks he can use it for 3 months.

I will give him a year. 

It was that bad.

Torrey and I stayed home from school today.  It was weird to be home and NOT sick.  I did enjoy the day and got caught up on some things.  And, the good new is ...

Torrey is feeling much better.  Much much much better.

It is my hope we can keep her feeling better.  Actually that we can keep ALL of us feeling better.  A friend commented this weekend that we have not all been well at the same time for a long time.  Feels like forever. 

We are both heading back to school tomorrow ... she is in review week for mid-terms (next week) and I will just be trying to keep order.  

Did ya'll know Christmas is near?  Just ask my Kinderfriends!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Sorry you are sick Torrey. Hope you feel better soon.

Elizabeth said...

I saw your comment on Darby's blog on how to make your pictures bigger. I wanted to know the same thing, so I googled it and there are several ways to go about doing it. Good Luck!

Jennifer McGregor said...

Glad she's feeling better! Carly is too... of course, she was faking, so her recovery was much quicker. Miss you!