Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hmmmm ....

Things that make you want to go hmmmm ....

-Sometimes figuring out a title for a post is harder than the post itself. I mean, look at the title for this post. It took me days to figure out. And, I am not kidding. At all.

-Torrey and her friend Marissa went to Linda's to swim. Linda has a ridiculously huge spa connected to her pool. (There is a table in there for crying out loud!) The girls came up with the great idea to make a whirlpool. And, then just like every great idea it turned into a not so good idea in a minute. All because they tried to stop. Torrey is tiny. So is Marissa. And, now neither girl can sit properly or walk after sitting for a long time. Why? Because they scraped up their muffle, muffle, muffle. Is it wrong that I have a fit of giggles seeing Torrey walking like a little old lady at 13? I would like to clarify that I gave them the 5 minute warning (to get out of the pool) 30 minutes earlier. They should have listened to me. It is time Torrey learned this lesson ... her mother knows best.

-On Wednesday night Torrey's youth group had a night of remembering camp fun and a commissioning service for the youth mission groups that start to head out this weekend. Two middle school students were asked to share what they learned at camp ... Torrey was one of them. Except when the voice mail came she was asked to give her testimony. And, then she found out she had to share about camp. As she was walking up. And she went first. I was sick to my stomach. For nothing. Little girl totally rocked. Do I need to say she is amazing? Well, she is one amazing girl who is in love with Jesus. Doesn't get much better than that! (And, she shared her testimony and used it as a segue into how one thing she committed herself to at camp was sharing her faith more.)

-We left Torrey at church to complete "base camp" for the mission trip. All the kids spent the night at the church. They have done this before. Evidently the floors at church are exceptionally hard. Torrey asked to bring the air mattress. I told her she couldn't because she was going to "Mission Training Camp" not "Princess Training Camp." Maybe Mom doesn't always know best ... they told them they could bring them to San Antonio!

-We are now the proud owners of a gun. A BB gun. Dean has hit a few ducks. When he came in to announce he hit his first duck I asked him if he killed it. He didn't ... but the duck flew away. Evidently he forgot to tell his friends (or he is one dumb duck) because there have been a few more ducks hit. I'm thinking Dean could use his new found skill to win me some awesome stuffed animals when the next carnival comes to town!

-Torrey, Linda and I went to see "My Sister's Keeper" on Monday. If you read the book, don't see the movie ... you will be disappointed. Jodi Piccoult, how could you let them completely change the ending? I love an ending I don't see coming. That was not the case for this movie. And, if I just ruined the movie for you ... sorry. It was ruined for me.

-And, also on Monday ... Torrey and I spotted a thermometer that said "104." As in degrees outside. I have been saying for years that Texas is hotter than Florida in the summer and colder than Florida in the winter. I have my proof. The heat just won't give up. They are predicting temperatures of 100 on the 4th ... we will be living in Linda & Paul's pool.

-And, finally (stop cheering!), it is July. Which means the mourning period has officially begun. What mourning period? The "It Is Almost Time To Go Back To School" mourning period. Although, I figured out that mornings at Target aren't what I remembered them to be. Evidently our Target uses that time to stock shelves and it is hard to get around.

And, that ends this week's edition of "Hmmmm." I will be using that title again ... it is too original to waste.

2 comments:

Steve said...

So here is my question.... Did Dean get laughed at for buying a bb gun? You do live in Texas, so I figured they would make fun of him for not buying a real gun. And Tracy, you are not allowed to touch it!

Tracy said...

Or point it at myself (to be fair, I was just trying to look into the barrel to see what it looked like) or anyone ... like, say, Dean.