Monday, July 6, 2009

In a Bit of a Funk

I am ... I am. It is weird to not have Torrey home ... although I didn't feel this way when she went to camp. Odd. Wish we had thought to have someone twitter while they were in San Antonio. Got to love technology ... what did we do before cell phones, text messages, or twitter? How did we get in contact with those we loved ... oh, yes, I remember ... snail mail. We should go back to mailing letters ... we are losing a true art form. In a letter you would never say "talk 2 u soon!" ... you would actually write the words.

And, so, while the house was being cleaned, I tried to amuse myself at Target and Hobby Lobby. Did not work. I found the flip flops Torrey wanted in her size and I cried. And I bought them for her. Had to. They were in her signature colors. I texted Dean about 32 times ... he didn't respond. I decided against a pedicure and headed home. Missing my girl. Knowing she is fine and NOT missing me. She will come home and read this and think I am being silly.

I am supposed to go to jury duty tomorrow (couldn't come during the school year!) ... please let me get out of it, please let me get out of it, please let me get out of it. Can you tell I am looking forward to it? Tonight we are going to watch an episode or two of 24 ... we have 10 hours to go (we didn't have time to watch it during the regular season ... what did we do before dvr's?!) I am working on school stuff. I have a little project I am going to try to pull off. I am praying for my girl. And, praying that Friday comes quickly ... what am I going to do when she goes to Florida for 10 days in August?!

And, it is 102 in San Antonio today ... but, they are predicting it will only be 97 tomorrow!

3 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

This is good preparation for you for August. FYI, we're taking her cell phone away while she is here and disconnecting our phone line & canceling the cell phone in preparation for our return to Israel... no communication for ten days! hmmmm, who will blink first? ME ME ME I blinked - just kidding... you can communicate as much as you need to. But, we're still going to haved fun fun fun.

Laurie said...

AUGHH, too bad I can't come play. It was only 80 here today!

Al & Judy Melton said...

I empathize with you. It is not so great to have your kids away!
Mom