Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Keep on Praying

Tonight my heart is full as I think of kiddos that I know and love who are at a crossroads with their health. My heart is full, too, for stranger kiddos here and here who I will never know but am praying tonight live a full and God pleasing life.

Tonight, Gracyn is back at Shand's fighting a virus. Please pray that it is only a virus. This little girl prayed that God would be glorified with her life ... the road certainly has been twisty and turny, but God certainly has been glorified.

And, then tonight I got a message from a friend in Orlando. Her son, S. is having an MRI tomorrow. When S. was born (as one of 3 itty bitty triplets) he contracted an infection that went to his brain. He had 8 abscesses in his brain, one the size of a golfball. He was not expected to live ... but, God has bigger plans for him.

And, if you think this sweet boy doesn't know that God holds him in His hands, please think again ... he stood in front of my Kindergarten class on his first day and not only shared his story with his new friends, but also gave the gospel message. His idol is Billy Graham. Oh, yes, God has big plans for him.

And, just to make you giggle ... I taught S. in Kindergarten, his brother L. in 1st (oh yes, we all "promoted" together ... although it felt like a demotion to me!) and then moved back to Kindergarten and picked up the littlest brother, B. Heading into 1st grade, L. crowed over and over again how he got me. Finally, S. could take it no more and said, "We all know you got her. But, she loved me first."

Yes, indeedy. And loving him didn't stop with the end of that sweet Kindergarten year. So, tonight I find my heart a thousand miles away, praying for a boy. Praying that his brain will be fine. Praying for peace and comfort for a family I adore. Praying that in the midst of the noise of the machinery he will "be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

No comments: