Friday, July 31, 2009

Peachy Keen

Tonight, I fully planned to begin the official grieving period for summer. Because, I only have one week left. One week. And, I totally wasted this week. Wasted. With a capital W.

But, next week is just that, next week. And, it is a new week. However, it is also a full week. As in full of workshops, eye doctor appointments and hair appointments. Oh, and a last trip to Florida over the weekend ... Torrey will be spending 10 days with the grandparentals.

So, I sat down to blog and to write what was sure to be a post about feeling sorry for myself ... yada yada yada. And, then I brewed myself a cup of this ...
Green Mountain's summer special edition ... The Perfect Peach. And, it truly is just that ... PERFECT! It is yummy. It is delicious. Right up there with Wild Mountain Blueberry. Or, even, dare I say, Spiced Pumpkin? And, smiles to Mom and Jen ... I will share with you when I come next weekend.

Which reminds me ... Jen, I'm sure Caroline forgot to tell you, but she promised to bring me back something from your trip to Alaska. She said something about a towel buddy. I told her what I really wanted was a diamond necklace. And, she agreed ... we are swapping ... one webkinz for a diamond necklace. Seemed fair to the both of us ... especially me!

And, because summer is really almost over ... Torrey and I are working to finish her summer reading. We are reading this ...
we started it together. It has some grown up themes (I read it in 10th grade ... she is going in 8th ... she really loves to tell people that!), and some grown up words. We are working really hard to read it so that we can watch the movie before we leave to go to Florida. Yes ... the movie.

And, after we watch the movie we will drink us some peach coffee and read the cliff notes.

3 comments:

Rochel said...

She is NOT going into 8th grade!! I can't believe how old she is!
And yes, I do know the photographer...her name is Courtney, and she is super nice. I LOVE her pictures too, and would love for her to shoot Eli someday :) (shoot his picture...just to be clear)
You can get to her photo site from her blog I believe, but if you need me to get info from her I can.

Al & Judy Melton said...

Can't wait to try it. Looking forward to your arrival
Love ya
Mom

Dean T. said...

What's really funny is that Torrey thought the title of the book was, HOW to kill a mockingbird. So did I, that's why I've been shooting at the ducks on our roof with my BB gun. :-)