Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Because It's Been Awhile

So, what have we been up to? NOTHING! Ah, the glory days of summer! Torrey just asked if we were doing anything special tomorrow ... and was thrilled when I said, "No." We spend a lot of time away from our house during the school year ... which is hard for homebodies ... so we enjoy us some good ole' home staying during the summer.

But, that's not to say we haven't been doing a lot of this ...
swimming in Linda & Paul's pool. Which lead to my worst sunburn of the year. Sunscreen is a good thing. Forgetting sunscreen is not.

We are heading back to Linda & Paul's on Sunday to swim and see these cuties ...
or should I say cutie? Paul Andrew is coming to town with the kids. I am sure I will be terribly saddened when I see how big they are ... which is a sure sign I am getting old. Sigh.
I have also been drinking a lot of this ... which is probably why I am suffering from a case of insomnia lately. I heart my keurig machine. So much I have talked many other people into getting one. You are welcome Mom & Dad (and Jen who drinks more than her share of coffee when she is at their house). And Ronnie & Debby. And Linda & Paul. Let me see ... anyone else?

However, I can't take credit for the discovery of the keurig machine. In the summer of 2006, Robin told me about the keurig while we were at the beach house. I kept asking her about it. And asking her about it. And, still I was surprised when I arrived in Houston in July and Dean had ordered me my very own keurig machine. Sweet.

I think he was hoping to stop a mental breakdown from the move from Florida before it happened. A keurig can cure most anything ... but, ya'll, the move was hard ... it really isn't a miracle machine!
And, finally, the duck problem. I am afraid to type this, but I think our last duck has flown away from our house. I really didn't think those BB's hurt ... until Dean showed me the watering can. Nice work, hon. For the record, there are several holes in the watering can ... Dean used it for target practice. He still enjoys shooting off the gun ... much to the annoyance of our neighbors.

And, now you know when I say we have been up to nothing, I mean it. Happy Wednesday! Wait ... I forgot this is supposed to be "Wordless Wednesday". Dern.

1 comment:

jaywalker said...

you can add my name to the list of keurig converts. i don't have my own machine yet, but i have BIG PLANS!!!