Thursday, December 11, 2008

Waiting

UPDATE: She is here! She is here! She is here! God's plans are perfect and His ways are best! We so can't wait to meet our newest angel ... and, whisper in her ear that we are the best!

It never is easy to wait ... no matter how old you are. Dean is getting slippers and pajamas for Christmas. He knows. He picked them out. He wants them ... now. I won't give them to him. He has to wait. Only 14 more days. Today we are waiting for something big. We don't know when she will come, we only know she is coming. And, we are excited! Our nephew and his wife are waiting for a sweet little girl to be placed in their arms ... she was due to be born yesterday ... we are still waiting for her arrival. Right now, they won't be able to hold her until just after Christmas ... is it wrong that I so want to trail them in my car so I can hold her next?! Who knew when we were at the beach house this summer we would be looking foward to this little one in DECEMBER?! A gift. A treasure. We can't wait. Today we do the only thing we can do ... we pray. For them ... thousands of miles away ... that God would breathe his peace upon them, that this time of anticipation would be free of stress and worry. For their two sweet kiddos ... what an amazing Christmas they are looking forward to! For Linda and Paul ... especially for Linda because I need her to not be angry with me when I hold that little one first! HA! And, we pray for a birth mother who is giving our family a gift ... how can thank you possibly be enough? The story of the birth of Jesus has special meaning to our family this year. We are grateful.

2 comments:

jaywalker said...

thanks for your prayers... I FEEL THEM!!!!

grannimcd said...

ohhhhh how i love your heart and that you are my friend and my 'sister' and your prayers and your compassion and your passion and.......
but don't think for one second that you are gonna get your hands on our newest little angel sent directly from the hand of God before I do..... lotsaluv and missing you....