Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Jen!

Jennifer is muffle, muffle, muffle today. Happy Birthday Jen! I would love to say I am good with the sending of Birthday cards, but, this blog is about honesty. I usually start the new year with good intentions to remember everyone's birthdays and then I miss Mike's birthday and all is lost ... for the record, Mikie's birthday is the first one in our family (January 11th) ... good grief! So, this year, each birthday pal gets a blog entry ... or, at least Jen and Mikie do!

So, what to say about Jen ... hmmmm. She is funny, smart, kind, craftsy, talented. She knows what I am thinking and what I find funny she usually does too (one word ... Dwight Shrute) She gave me my best birthday present the year I turned 31 ... a Birthday buddy named Ben! There was the time we went to Israel and everyone kept asking us if we were twins and we got sick of it and started to tell people we were ... she does look remarkably like me. We have had many adventures together ... some planned and some unplanned. She has been my bff for what seems like forever ... my best days and my worst days she was there. I miss terribly living 2 hours from her ... although I guess I still do because it only takes 2 hours to get to her by plane!

And, so Jen, I pray that this year would bring you joy beyond what you hoped for. Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another one towards love and good deeds. Hebrews 10:22-24 My prayer is that I would be an encouragement to you the same way you have been an encouragement to me.

Enjoy your day! I really love you!

4 comments:

Dean T. said...

Dwight Shrute is actually 2 words. :-)

Dean T. said...

Jen also punches hard. (Just one more thing you guys share in common.) And for the record, accidentally burping in someone's face does NOT deserve a violent response. Happy Birthday, Jen! :-)

Al & Judy Melton said...

So, let me get this straight... you're going to encourage JEN the same way she encourages YOU??? Does that mean you are going to give Jen a Birthday Buddy(like she did for you on your 31st birthday)on her birthday next year? Your mom and I are thrilled with the prospect of a new Grand Child!!! Love ya, dad

Jennifer McGregor said...

Thank you for the kinds bday blog... you neglected, however, to mention that I'm forgiving. Need I remind you about the "driveway-push-the-car-on-the-ice" incident? Ummmm, you hit me with a car. A REAL car. A big Caprice Classic Pepe car. *sigh* Dwight:) You can not go wrong with a man who has the strenght of a man, AND a little baby. LOVE YOU!