Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Need it Bad!

Tonight, Sweet Beth Moore is hosting "Converge" for her home town girls. Tickets were supposed to go on sale the Monday after Hurricane Ike ... but, do I really need to say more? We were a town without power ... Centerpoint really wasn't so concerned I was supposed to get tickets! I put Dean on the case to get the tickets and he came through with second row seats (do I really need to say he is amazing? He is.) (Um, did I put the period in the wrong spot? I honestly can't remember!) Anyways, it is tonight ... and, I can't even begin to tell you how much I need it. Today has been draining. Today has been exhausting. Today has been demoralizing. Truly it has been bad. But, tonight ... well, tonight will erase it from my memory. Tonight will rejuvenate my soul. Tonight will bring encouragement so badly needed. Tonight. Um, Beth, I will be sitting on the second row ... I will be the one who looks like she has been through the war zone (I teach Kindergarten for crying out loud ... I am probably the only 40 year old who gets a daily announcement 19 times that there are only 14 more days until Christmas!) and who is proud to call herself a "home town girl"! Can't wait!

PS ... I went to my first Beth Moore Tuesday night Bible study the 1st September we had moved to Houston. Pastor David in Orlando used to say there is no where lonelier than a crowded room. Um, wrong. A crowded room of girlfriends is lonelier. Truth. That night she said how we were her hometown girls and I really wanted to raise my hand and say "Um, I'm not a home town girl, I'm from Orlando and I will never be a home town girl, but thanks for letting me come anyway". Time doesn't really heal all wounds, but it sure does soften them. Has it really been just over 2 years ... and, here I am calling myself a 'home town girl". Does anyone have the recipe for Humble Pie?!

2 comments:

grannimcd said...

I am soooo glad I got to go to the Beth Moore extravaganza with you. Sorry it was on your worst day of school in a long time (if not ever) but I was soooo glad to be able to share with you the news of the arrival of our special little angel baby --- and shopping at the Carter store sure helped increase my joy and hopefully decrease your weariness.....
and were we not both recharged, refreshed, and rejuvenated by the events of the evening --- all on top of the news ???? The Good News mixed with the good news as it were. Thanks for being there for me and with me. Luvuevrsomuch.

grannimcd said...

P.S. I must admit that your husband is amazingwith his tenacity and ability to obtain, not just seats, but great seats -- at whatever event. Way to go BG.