Friday, December 5, 2008

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm

Remember Arsenio Hall? If not, my title makes no sense to you ... pretend it does. Lately, there have been some things that have caused me to go "Hmmmm". Many, many things. And, here they are ... in no particular order.

So, it was reported this week that an atheist group wants their own holiday. Dean reminded me that they already do. April Fools Day.

Small dogs poop more than big dogs. A lot more. How is this possible? And the stink ... shudder.

I went to Target and while I was there I went to the Starbucks to get a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate ... I have only heard rave reviews (unlike the disasterous honey latte of the spring). The girl looked at me and said "No you don't" ... why is it you think of the good come back when you are aisles away? I should have said "What? You live in my head?" ... but, I didn't. And then she proceeded to go on and on and at one point she said "I'm not trying to be rude" ... again, aisles away when I thought "Too late!" I made the wise choice to get nothing. Somehow I knew I would be getting a sneezer.

Where do Kindergarteners get all their energy this time of the year? If I only had a quarter of their energy I would be set!

And, why is it I feel so short tempered this time of the year? When did I turn into a Scrooge? Grrrr.

How old do your kids have to be before their hair is no longer your "domain". I mean, how much longer will I be able to tell Torrey how long/short her hair can be? Did you know she goes in for a haircut tomorrow? She wanted to cut 7 inches ... we negotiated to 5. And, for the record, I wasn't the only parent involved.

Charlie Brown Christmas. Best Christmas program ever. Ever. (Don't tell me you have never tried to do the dance ... I am a master at it!)

I have to go to a cookie exchange on Sunday. Would it be wrong to bring Oreos? What if they were dipped in white chocolate?

How late is too late to send out Christmas cards? I am going to make them this year ... and, guess how many I have finished?

And, on that note, guess how many presents I have wrapped? Or, should I say, NOT wrapped. Brother.

Is it wrong of me to have sick children breathe on me so I can have a sick day? To be fair, I only pick the ones who are sick enough to make me "sick" enough to stay home to get some things done. I'm not THAT crazy!

Did you know that the weather in Houston is EXTREMELY hot in the summer (crazy hot ... and, we spent 8 summers in Florida!) and freakishly cold in the winter. Seriously. Today it was in the 40's ALL day. I am still frozen. I came home to Dean wearing 3 layers. In the house. With the heat on. It was that cold.

I guess that is enough "Hmmmmm" things for tonight. I really should have been making a list as I thought of them this week because they just kept coming. I will post this and think of more ... but, that is me. Maybe I am a little bit crazy. I wonder how long until my brother makes a comment. Time starts NOW ...

1 comment:

Al & Judy Melton said...

TAAA DAAAAH and it's NOT your brother! I posted a comment before him!!! whooo hooo... can the Red Sox resigning from the field of Baseball be far behind? love ya, dad