Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now ...

So, when Torrey was in 1st grade, we got a call from the school nurse saying that Torrey had failed the eye exam and needed to get her eyes checked. When I went to pick her up that day, I went to visit the nurse to tell her that I really thought her eyes were fine because, after all, I AM her mother and wouldn't I know if she couldn't see?! She semi-sweetly slid a paper across the desk to me to have me have it signed by the optometrist after we had her eyes checked ... nice! So, I take her to the eye doctor, confident that we are coming out of there with the paper signed and without glasses ... and guess what?! She couldn't see the big E. Did I feel like a schmuck that day. I'm sure that nurse framed that paper when I brought it back to her and informed her that she was right!

Fast forward 7 years and Torrey still can't see the big E. We went to the eye doctor yesterday and she came out in contacts ... GASP! I thought we would have to order them, but evidently that isn't how he does it. She was thrilled ... and I couldn't believe it when she got them in and out of her eyes in 20 minutes! She also picked out a new pair of glasses, and I must say they are quite hip. She told me that this was the first time she could see her glasses before she went back to pick them up ... she told me she always had to rely on my judgement. And, then she said something about that not always being the best thing. What?!

All that to say this ... our girl is growing up!

1 comment:

grannimcd said...

OK so where are the photos or her in her contacts and her in her new (way "kewell" fashion) glasses??????