Sunday, July 20, 2008

Several Days Fun (in one convenient blog entry!)

So, I haven't blogged in 3 days (here is where you say, thanks for stating the obvious!) ... maybe it was because we did so much in our first 8 hours I was exhausted! We have done a lot since then too ... our days have been full of fun.

Friday morning my Dad and I took the 3 kids to the pool for about an hour (Jen had to work the night before). We came home for lunch and naps and while the kids were taking much needed naps, I met Jen for ...
Starbucks and pedicures (the perfect combination!) Ironically, the girls doing our pedicures were quick to let us know that Starbucks was not a good value for the money ... and a pedicure is?!

We went back to my mom and dad's and hung around until Steve got off work to meet him at ...
Tijuana Flats for dinner. They have the best chips ever! If only they would open one in Houston!
The one we went to has a big covered patio, so we sat outside. It was fun ... and delicious!

We went back to Jen and Ryan's to spend the night ... and, they got ready for their yard sale in the morning. The kids had fun helping ... although I think Carly was doing more shopping than helping! The kids played in the afternoon and we took naps (ahhhh!). Mom, dad, and Steve came over for dinner. After dinner, Jen and I took Carly and the yard sale money to Walmart to buy Carly a new ...

bike! We tried out just about every bike they had ... which meant we had to take them down off the racks (sorry for the mess Walmart guys!) She found the one she liked and has already taken it out for a spin.

After church today we went back to my parents for lunch. My dad made the yummiest grilled chicken and my mom made a coconut cake. After lunch we all went swimming and then came back to Jen and Ryan's. Jen and I watched "First Knight" which is about King Arthur's court and Camelot ... which evidently is not a true story. That was a big disappointment to me ... all this time I thought that the knights of the round table were an actual part of history. Go figure!

Tomorrow morning begins the trek to Savannah. I am sure the car ride will be six hours of fun. We are going on the "Paula Deen" tour on Tuesday ... Jen and I just read the information a little more carefully and it said we will be visiting her favorite shops. Great. She's a chef ... does that mean we are going to Kroger?

Until tomorrow!

No comments: