Sunday, July 20, 2008

There's Something About Carly ...

I learned something new about Carly that I didn't know before this visit. Well, I had seen it before, but this trip it has been glaringly obvious. Girlfriend has a servant's heart. Maybe that should be servant in all capital letters. We have been staying at Jen's the past few nights and she has played the perfect hostess. She has given up her room without a fuss (perhaps that could be because she is sleeping with Torrey in the other room!) and the first night while I was on the phone with Dean, she brought me 3 candies and then turned on some music for me. She came back later to set the clock for me ... she offered to set it for 6:11, but was happy to reset it for 8:11 when I screamed "It's Saturday!" And, when I wasn't out of bed at 8:11, she came back to see what was the matter. She offered me her favorite pillow also. She has offered me water and has generally been ready to grant my any wish. We have joked that I am getting her ready to open a B&B, but I so love to see her sweet heart and to catch a glimpse into the person she will one day become. And, I must say ... she is just like her Mom! Oh, how I love her!

No comments: