Thursday, July 17, 2008

First Day Fun

We have been in Tampa for less than 12 hours and I am already exhausted! We got to my parents around 12ish and we have been busy busy busy. Fortunately I had the forethought to take a short nap before Ben and Carly arrived and the fun really started!
Obviously my dad reads my blog because it is our first night and he made chicken and dumplings. Torrey was walking by as he was getting the dough ready and wanted to help and since she was helping Carly wanted to help ... Ben came along too, but his eyes were closed in that picture! The dumplings were delicious ... so worth the 2 hour flight sitting next to the farting man!
The kids all love this oversized chair ... it isn't uncommon to find them all sitting in it at once!
After dinner (and after making crafts and playing and laughing and playing outside ... need I go on?!) my dad and I took the kids to the pool. They had a blast swimming together. The jumped in together, dove for dive sticks, jumped over each other and practiced their flips. They would have stayed all night, but the pool was closing and we were about to get kicked out. But, just as we were leaving they found this ....
a most disgusting frog! They were thrilled with their discovery. Carly asked what she should do with it when it was time for us to leave, and I wanted to say, "Um, give it a funeral", because the frog was two degrees past dead ... but, we had her put it in the bushes instead. She is braver than me!
We ran home for dry clothes and then were off again to go to Sonic for shakes (FYI, Carly told us the caramel shake is "AWESOME!" and Grammy and Torrey said she was right), slushies, smoothies, tater tots and mozzarella sticks. You got to love that place! For our friends in the North who don't have Sonic (or Chick Fil A ... how DO you live up there?!) you don't know what you are missing!

And so ends our first day. Well, there was a hilarious Mad Lib reading when we got home ... perhaps that will be shared in another blog. The kids are in bed (and have been quiet for quite a while ... dare we hope they are asleep?!) but there are big plans for tomorrow ... ice cream cones for breakfast, swimming with the chickens (because they want to get there so early!), a pedicure with Jen, and Tijuana Flats for dinner. Good times. Good times.

1 comment:

Allana Martian said...

I think cousins should be able to grow up together! Not that WE did, though! :-) There is just something about little cousins and their love for each other and the bond they have is so much fun to watch. I love it when my kids get together with their cousins and it makes me want to move in right next door to them all. I remember wanting to live with Uncle Al and my cousins when I was little. Enjoy your visit!!!