Wednesday, July 23, 2008

All Paula ... All Day!

The theme of yesterday was "All Paula All Day". We took a "P. D. tour" ... which turned out to be a 3 hour tour of her local haunts. Which to be exact are 2 produce stands, a bakery and a cookie store. We did not see "her", but we did stalk her son on the street ... or rather our tour guide did. We became convinced she has to stay 200 feet from them at all times! After the tour we came back to the room and then decided to go on another tour ... this one about the history of Savannah. It was good ... and cheap ... we did not stop at any historic produce stands! After that we came back to the room to rest until dinner. They left me (I was taking a nap) to go have hor'doerves and while they were gone 3 women peeked in our window ... really! I woke up to 3 women with their hands on the glass peering in at me. I did the only thing I could do. Wave. We ate at P.D's restaurant ... Jen had the chicken pot pie and the rest of us had the buffet because we wanted to try her fried chicken. It was good. We of course ate too much. Good thing we walked there ... we were able to walk off our dinner (somewhat!) We are about to go to breakfast and then we are going on a house tour and then we are going to lunch at Mrs. Wilkes (I think named after Melanie on Gone With the Wind) because we have heard they have a yummy fried chicken there. After that we are going shopping on the riverfront and then to the beach. Another full day ... I am already ready for a nap. But, today I will close the blinds first!

1 comment:

a tom said...

Sounds like you girls had a good time. Gotta love Paula...=)