Monday, September 6, 2010

"Labor" Day

Labor Day marks the end of summer.  And no one in the world rejoices at the end of summer like a Houstonian.  Because our summers are just plain hot.  If you don't believe me, please come and visit us in August.  You will change your tune.  And, never make that mistake again!

We went up to Linda and Paul's for one last summer cook out.  Unfortunately the rain joined us.  Fortunately we didn't really care.

We started by meeting Linda and Paul's newest pet ...


Jessica PROMISED me he was a "good" spider.  She threw a leaf in its web to see what he would do ... he crawled right to the leaf (very very fast) and worked and worked to get that leaf out.  He was clearly not happy ... I could have sworn I heard him swear.  Here's hoping he finds a new home before next summer!

We loved seeing the kids ... because they are just yummy.


Can't tell from this view?  Read on ... you will agree with me!






Little Miss talked her (great) Uncle into playing dress up ... trust me it didn't take much arm twisting.  She has the sweetest disposition!



After watching a little You Tube, checking out the house that is being built next door, drinking some coffee and eating some homemade pecan pie, some of the brave went swimming ...


You-Know-Who was the first one in!  While she and Paul were playing football over the bridge, this was going on in the shallow end ...



And Little Miss impressed us with her jumping in skills!  I predict she will be a fish next summer!

And, last, but not least, we had a special visit from ...


... the bird lady from Alcatraz!  Nobody accessorizes a bathing suit like Ellie!  

It was another fun day at Linda and Paul's ... so grateful for the day off from work, to be able to just enjoy family, to laugh and to realize what is really important!


3 comments:

grannimcd said...

Love, love, love the photos. I had no idea you were snapping pictures left and right.... I did think I saw lightning one time. (guess it was the flash!) So glad you guys made the trip up to the country. Uncle Paul has missed playing in the pool with our big girl. See you soon. luvu.

jaywalker said...

the bird lady from alcatraz.... so funny. :)

the pictures are great! thanks! i lurve the one with dean and SQ!

jaywalker said...

hey, i linked to this post from my blog... just in case you are wondering about strange traffic. :) (i guess i won't kid myself, hardly anybody is reading my blog these days_