Saturday, April 14, 2012

Prom 2012

Friday night was Prom Night ... I know! I know! Early!  She was asked last Thursday ... I know! I know! Late!  I think it snuck up on everyone ... she had Spring Break and then didn't really have school for the next week and a half because of Interim Term and somewhere in there the invitations came in the mail ... and, well, you know the rest.

So, on Good Friday we headed out looking for a dress.  We dragged took Dean with us.  He got lucky ... she only tried on five dresses in two shops.  There was dinner and then three different shoe stores looking for the perfect shoes.  I heard him mumble something about "eight hours later" on our drive towards home!
 She picked this sassy dress from Betsey Johnson.  It is a bubble skirt covered in "roses" ... inside the bubble skirt is tulle so it poofed out quite a bit.  We all loved it.  Aqua is her new signature color, so she accented with aqua jewelry and a little phone clutch.
 The dreaded "putting on of the boutonniere".  I was zero help ... I actually told her this time she was on her own.  She didn't stick him and it stayed on for pictures.  Success!  There must be a YouTube video for the next time ... must google it.
 Her date for the evening was her friend, Hugh.  They have a few classes together and he is a nice boy.  Or is it guy.  Or man.  Geez ... I'm going to stick with boy.
 We went to a friend's house to take pictures.  Most of the boys in her grade decided to boycott the prom, so the number of Sophomores going was quite small ...
 See what I mean ... they were in a group of 12.  Which is what I love about these dances ... they go and come in a group.  And they go as friends.  And it is so fun for them.
 The girls ... at this point we were still missing one couple ... 
 The whole gang ... at this point I think they were a bit over the pictures.  Wait ... that might have happened on the stairs!
 Torrey and Hugh
 This picture makes me happy and sad all in the same breath ... happy because she is an incredible girl, sad because she will NOT stop growing up!
 Some of the girls ... they were all wearing heels and standing on the grass that was a bit wet from recent rain.  We had to pull heels out of the grass!
 She really had a fun night ... when I asked her how it was, she said "we made it fun."  That's my girl!
 Torrey and her friend, Natasha ... Torrey spent the night with Natasha, which saved Dean from having to pick her up at 1:00 in the morning!
I chuckled when we got home ... she handed me her flowers before she got in the limo.  They were wrapped in paper and when I unwrapped them to put them in water, they had a beautiful ribbon on them.  They are still beautiful!

I am happy to say Dean and I survived Prom 2012 ... unfortunately, we have two more years to go!

No comments: