Monday, April 16, 2012

Day Off of My Own Choosing

I took today off.  My choice.  I wasn't sick.  Just took a day.  I get two personal days a year ... last year I forgot to take them.  I know.  Dumb.  I was not going to make that mistake this year.  Today was the day ... and I almost forgot about it because it snuck up on me.

But, I did remember and it was the perfect day.  Well, mostly perfect ... it poured this morning.  And thundered.  Which meant Zackie barked.  Non-stop.  Which also meant I didn't get to sleep in.  I may or may not have threatened to cut off his tongue.  OK ... I did.

Dean went to the office in the morning and then came home and got me for lunch.  We went to Escalantes .... chips and queso ... so yummy!  Then we decided to try out a new dessert spot .... Nothing Bundt Cakes.
 (Insert angels singing here.) Personal sized bundt cakes.  So delicious.  I am a girl who loves me a Crave cupcake ... but, ya'll, I may have seen the light.  It could be Torrey's new wedding cake ... before that Crave cupcakes were the front runner (who cares that she doesn't love Crave as much as me ... isn't it my day?!)
 The rest of my day was quiet ... I took a nap, made dinner which made me think of Robin, got a headache, ate my bundt cake, went outside and had my breath taken away by the beauty of these roses ...
 I'm not a gardner, but these things come back year after year.  The yard guys hacked pruned them to the ground about a month ago.  I was pretty mad.  But they're baaaaack.  And more beautiful than ever.  I usually only notice the beauty of the roses, but today I saw this ...
Are those thorns not gigantic?! And, isn't that like life, sometimes the beauty also brings the thorns.  

Enjoy your Monday ... I sure did!

No comments: