Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Should Have Known

Sometimes, after something happens, you think to yourself, "I should have seen that coming."  Today was one of those days.

Torrey wasn't feeling well on Tuesday.  She actually went to the school nurse.  She hates going to the school nurse.  In Kindergarten, she fell on the way back from lunch and hurt her ankle ... she didn't tell her teacher because "you always GO to the nurse with a friend, but then the friend comes back and I didn't know how to get back to my class from the nurse.  I didn't want to be lost."  Kindergarten Wisdom.  She ended up with a badly sprained ankle and had to be pushed around in a wheelchair for a week.  For the record, she LOVED being pushed around in the wheelchair.

But, I digress.  She spent 2 hours sleeping in the nurses office.  Then slept the entire ride home from school (about an hour) and then fell asleep while I was making dinner.  We got her medicine and told her she could stay home from school the next day.  But, I told her, there was NO WAY she was missing school on Friday.

She was miserable on Wednesday.  Dean told her she could stay home on Thursday.  But, I told her, there was NO WAY she was missing school on Friday.

I left for school and left Dean a text message telling him that if she wasn't better he needed to take her to the doctor ... because there was NO WAY she was missing school on Friday.

The reason there was NO WAY she was missing school on Friday is because Friday is EagleFest which is our all school field day and carnival.  And, before you think I am a terrible mother for forcing my sick child to go to a carnival, she needed to go.  Because there is a drawing for free tuition for next year and I have a good feeling we are going to win this year.  Free tuition people ... I do not think I am being unreasonable in my insistence that she be there.

Well, Dean woke her up at 11:00 and she was worse, so off to the doctor they went.  It wasn't long before they sent me this picture ...
And, guess who is missing EagleFest tomorrow?  It would be the one with a fever and a double ear infection who is also suffering from dehydration so badly she had to get an IV.  

I will still be there ... wearing my "Mother of the Year" pin!

No comments: